General Sponsorship

Putting on a science fair is a labor of love by many volunteers. However, there is a significant cost that must also be incurred to successfully produce a science fair. It takes about $40,000 each year to produce the fair and this does not even include in-kind contributions from several organizations which defray the cost of the facilities used for the fair. About 90% of the $40,000 goes towards prizes for the students as well as covering the costs for the students to travel and compete in the state and international fairs. The remaining 10% covers out-of-pocket costs required for administration of the fair.

Monetary and in-kind donations by individuals, corporations and organizations provide the funds for operating the Dr. Nelson Ying Orange County Science Exposition. We categorize these donations into 9 levels of generosity:

 

2018-19 Fair Cycle

Chairman’s Circle $12,000+

Ying Family Foundation

Orlando Science Center

Director’s Circle $5,000-$11,999

China Pavilion at Walt Disney World Resorts

Lake Highland Preparatory School

Gold Sponsors $2500-$4,999

Barony of Balquhain Foundation

Central Florida Fairgrounds

Bronze Sponsors $500-$999

An Ouyang Charitable Trust

Green’s Environmental Services

Lake Eola Charter School

Science Supporter $250-$499

Lake Nona High School

Leaders Preparatory School

Orlando Science Schools

Associates $100-$249

Cornerstone Charter Academy

Fadia Ahmed Hussien

International Community School

Lake Nona Middle School

Maitland Middle School

Mulberry 114, LLC

Passport Charter School

South Creek Middle School

St. John Vianney Catholic School

St. Margaret Mary Catholic School

Trinity Preparatory School

Westridge Middle School

Jr. Associates $50-$99

Foundation Academy Upper School

Science Buddies $10-$49

Avalon Middle School

College Park Middle School

Florida Virtual School

Judson B. Walker Middle School

Maitland Montessori School

Orange County Preparatory Acedemy

Timber Creek High School

 

 

General Sponsorship Levels

Chairman's Circle

$12,000+

Director's Circle

$5,000-$11,999

Gold

$2,500-$4,999

Silver

$1,000-$2,499

Bronze

$500-$999

Science Supporter

$250-$499

Associate

$100-$249

Jr. Associate

$50-$99

Science Buddy

$10-$49

General sponsors are listed in the program, which is distributed to all judges, students and parents of students. Current general sponsors are shown on the left hand side.

You can submit your general sponsorship either by using our on-line donation system and charge your donation to your credit card or by downloading and submitting our donation form with your check.

Thank you very much!